Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Territories and Reservoirs of My Past

You ever find yourself thinking of what could have been?

For some reason a little earlier it popped into my head when I was in an accident back in middle school. I was in 6th grade we were heading to the state capitol in Annapolis but we didn't make it because we were in a bus accident. The bus we were riding in got hit by a truck whose brakes got stuck and we ended up running up on a median strip. Thank God I was just a little sore and nothing more serious happened. What stands out to me from that day was that from where the accident happened, you could see the state capitol building. Instead of visiting Annapolis we got on a bus and headed back to Bmore. Remembering this incident made me think of what could have been?

Have you ever been at that point in life where you were almost there, almost somewhere, you could see it on the horizon and then you just turned back? Something forces you to turn back. I guess it better that than to then be left wishing you could unring a bell.

I texted the former "Cuddle Buddy" earlier today to see how she was. I had seen her a day or two earlier walk past my dorm. One of the things I'll miss about my dorm room is my view. I'm on the top floor but can look across to the women's college next door to my school, where the buildings are old so it looks like a real college. HaHa. No, or I can look down and see the people walking beneath my window. When I saw her the other day my mind wondered what could have been. Not because I feel the same, think the same, see the same as I did years ago. But at one point she did it for me as Algebra sings. It's just it hit me when we say goodbye, and that's if we say goodbye on Saturday, it'll be for a while. And because remember Best Friend #3 believes she is "broken" and this must mean she can't be fixed. Ha. But it doesn't stop to wandering to the territory in my past where she resides and it doesn't stop me from wondering what could have been.

The same goes for a lot of people who either hold or will soon hold places in the territories and reservoirs of my past. Time nor distant sometimes keeps me from wondering.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home