Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Words of the Week

Sunday-
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."
- A Jewish Proverb

Monday-
"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."
- George Washington

Tuesday-
"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground."
-Zora Neale Hurston

Wednesday-
"There was never a great man who had not a great mother -- it is hardly an exaggeration."
- Olive Schreiner

Thursday-
"It is not until you become a mother than your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding."
-Erma Bombeck

Friday-
“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”
-Tenneva Jordan

Saturday
“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”
-Washington Irving

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home