Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

My Faves

Some of my fave residents are leaving. Yes, I know you're not supposed to have favorites but whatever. It's becoming a bit sad. I'm sentimental but not touchy feely. I'm a smiler but I'm not a hugger.I'm not a hugger. Really, I'm not a hugger, ask my Mama, I don't do people invading my personal space. But I've given out a lot of hugs today.

Yesterday, three of my girlies took me out for lunch.We went to this place called Miss Shirley's. It's right near campus and everyone goes there whose a LoCo kid, but it was my first time going. HaHa. Ya'll know I'm so contrarian, contrary Christopher is what they call me.

When I walked in I almost died though because there was this girl I used to have a crush on. My friends told me to get over it quick because she's a gold digging socialite whose out of my league. But that girl was rocking a white sundress that made me want to start singing Ray J's "Sexy Can I".

Anyway back to the lunch date. Ya'll know I'm sidetrack Bob sometimes.But anyway it was great to just chill with my girls, but quick sidebar. Ya'll no my other love aside from journalism is diversity work. So my diversity mentor brought me a shirt because her students were having the "Day of Silence": where you don't speak out of respect for either those who've been silenced or cannot speak due to their sexual orientation. The shirt reads, "Gay? Fine by me."

We just thought it funny to guess what people were thinking cause I decided to rock my shirt and was having lunch with three girls. We were an eclectic group though a Caucasian New Englander, a Cauacasin upstate New Yorker, a Korean from Pa, and a young black boy from Baltimore. We just enjoyed being ourselves not censoring ourselves, and messing with the people's minds.

I know J wants to know what I had. I had the coconut cream-stuffed french toast,

Coconut Cream-Stuffed French Toast

Cream Cheese, Mascarpone Cheese,

Flaked Coconut & Bruleed Bananas

which sat in a bed of strawberries with strawberry sauce, and had bruleed bananas on the side.

Oh and I had a side hashbrown which went back to the dorm and was my after nap snack. Yes, I had the itis after I returned.

But hanging with three of my fave residents before they departed might be one of my favorite moments of the year. I'mma miss my girls and our crazy convos and their ridic comments.

"People love you ... because you have the biggest butt I've ever seen."
-One of em

"You can't make people change their lifestyles just so you can pray in the middle of the day."-Keko

"Talk to God at night during quiet hours so you make it easier for everyone else." - Keko

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

That french toast sounds GANGSTA!! Gimme!!

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You singing "Sexy Can I" makes me laugh!!

Graduation is almost here!!!

 
At 6:42 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

of course i wanted the food description!! yay!! and i'm hungry right now too? it's about to be on! you're not supposed to have favorites?? since when and why not?? puh lease.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home