Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Words On A Page

So every now and again when I'm looking for a piece of paper which invariably has something important written on it. Do you know what this means? It means that I actually have to read unbound pages that have all kinds of words scribbled on the page?

Here's what I learned:

"You have to know who likes you and the person who likes you is your friend." -Nikki Giovanni

"And the reporters were like ooh something to do...if you never been chased by a reporter let me tell you its something." - Nikki Giovanni

"We forget rap is a public art...hip hop has its roots in opera, because it's in the public square." -Nikki Giovanni

"If prostitution were a profession we'd teach it prostitution 101." - Nikki Giovanni

"Don't waste time praying for specific things, what you may want may not be what God has in mind for you. Praying for courage and strength is the important thing."- Dorothy Height

"From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached." -Franz Kafka

2 Comments:

At 1:35 AM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Luuuurve the Dorothy Height quote!!

I learned to stop praying for great stories and awards. I started praying for discipline to work my beat right.

Oh yeah and with men, I just said "Lord, you got this cause what I been doing ain't working all that well." lol.

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yea I have to agree my favorite is the prayer one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home