Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Words of the Weeks

Sunday- "I am interested in telling my particular truth as I have seen it." -Gwendolyn Brooks

Monday- "When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak." - Audre Lorde

Tuesday- "No race can afford to neglect the enlightenment of its mothers." -Frances Ellen Watkins Harper

Wednesday- "Every legend, moreover, contains its residuum of truth, and the root function of language is to control the universe by describing it." - James Baldwin

Thursday- "On the merry-go-round all the seats are on the same level. Nobody goes up; therefore, nobody has to come down. That is democracy, as I see it." -Melvin Tolson

Friday- "Not failure, but low aim is sin." -Benjamin Mays

Saturday-"To be free . . . to walk the good American earth as equal citizens, to live without fear, to enjoy the fruits of our toil, to give our children every opportunity in life--that dream which we have held so long in our hearts is today the destiny that we hold in our hands." -Paul Robeson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home