Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Nothing Much's Happening in My World

Reading: In My Place by Charlayne Hunter-Gault

Listening: (To an assortment of music from Usher's "Love In This Club" to Alicia Keys "Tell You Something" to The Dream's "Falsetto" to Chrisette Michelle's "Golden" to anything by Jilly from Philly, to Anthony Hamilton's "Pass Me Over"

So folks nothing much is going on in my next of the woods.

It's been about a week since I graduated.

On Monday I went up to Philly for a job interview, saw my friend whose an editor at the Philadelphia Inquirer, and had an early dinner with Best Friend #2 aka The Future Doc.

On Tuesday I did nothing because it rained cats and dogs. I sent a text to the latest crush wishing her safe travels abroad.

On Wednesday I went to the library to do some things, had an hour and a half conference call, and fell asleep on the phone the first of many times. I also got called a day late and told I didn't get the job I interviewed for on Monday.

On Thursday I went and had a late lunch with one of my two girl best friends. I call both of them my "little sisters" but this little sister is my first adopted lil sister. She's my ace. So we went to Friday's where I had the Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta. Then we went to the high school alma mater so she could practice, cause she's a college track star. We also went to the mall so she could look around and kill time. Then I went home chilled out, watched Grey's, talked on the phone, and once again fell alseep on the phone.

Then today I went to meet Best Friend #1 who also graduated on Saturday. He, his gf, and I had lunch at Faidley's in Lexington Market in downtown Bmore. I had the Backfin crab cake with fries and macc and cheese. I also had a half and half a Baltimore thang a perfect blend of iced tea and lemonade. We then went to visit the program director for the philanthropic board Epsi and I served on together as young people.

Once again I'm contemplating grad school. Who knows? I don't have a plan right now. I'm pretty much winging it. Yes, I'm winging life. No pressure though, I don't think. I'll just keep telling myself all will be alright.

Now I'm going to attempt to do some writing. I used to write ages ago. Maybe it's a prime time while I have no commitments to get back to my writing.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Enjoy your doin' nothin' I'm telling you.

When you start working, you'll wonder where all the time goes.

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger La said...

Wise words from V. She's absolutely right.

Congrats btw

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home