Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

W.T.F.

I'm likely graduating I've accumulated 120 credits with one class outstanding. Yeah minus magna cum laude or cum ladue, I didn't enjoy the place to put that much effort. HaHa. That's not the W.T.F., yes I digress.

In today's W.T.F., it's Senior Week aka Graduation Week

I'm not yelling W.T.F. because come Saturday it's all over. I'm yelling W.T.F. because of people corrupting traditions. Why does every day of this week give people an excuse to drink? Are we drinking away the misery, the sadness, or the reality of our college experience. In the words of well myself, "Please don't let this be yet another overrated experience."


Here's the breakdown of events:
Thursday-Monday
BEACH WEEKEND
VERDICT: I BOYCOTTED

Monday -
END OF THE YEAR RECEPTION
President's Student Advisory End of the Year Reception
+'s - free wine and cheese
-'s - no din din
VERDICT: ATTENDED

Tuesday-
Alumni Cookout @ President's House
+'s - free food,booz with the classmates on the Prez's lawn(I'll call this booz acceptable booz)
-'s seeing all those ppl u can do without
VERDICT: ATTENDING

Pub Crawl
+'s - get to see ppl act a fool
-'s - you have to spend money to see the foolishness
VEDRICT: LIKELY BOYCOTTING

Wednesday-
Senior Countdown aka Senior 4's cause its 4 Days to Graduation
+'s -Our theme is “Gods & Goddesses” which encompasses an array of themes very much desired by our class: Toga, Favorite Couples/Duos, Superheros, Greek Life, etc. should make for some interesting pictures
-'s - It's $10, it'll probably prevent me from moving stuff home
It's 4 hours
VERDICT: MAYBE MAKING AN APPEARANCE

Thursday-
Senior Gala
+'s- an excuse to dress up
-'s BS music, bs ppl, and umm it's $70
VERDICT: I'M BOYCOTTING
I'm skipping it because I refuse to pay $70 for b.s. and I have an important conference call

Friday-
Baccalaureate Mass
I so want to skip, it's a mass for goodness sakes.
VERDICT: LIKELY ATTENDING WITH MI MADRE

Saturday-Commencement
Apparently my little girl's have picked out their dresses, and can recite the date, time, and location (May 17, 11am, First Mariner Arena), so I guess that mean's
VERDICT: ATTENDING

2 Comments:

At 4:07 PM , Blogger shani-o said...

What's commencement week if you don't spend it sloshed the ENTIRE time???

I know Jam can come in here and back me up!

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Jarrod said...

Son...Senior Week is a time to walk around everywhere 95 to 98 percent drunk. And you didn't indulge? I woke up with a blood alcohol level well past .08 on a consistent basis...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home