Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Words of the Week

Sunday-
"What do you take with you from here? A story, a formula, maybe a handshake, a special encounter, a friendship. What will remain except a diploma? Much must remain because when two persons meet, a mystery is born. Take that mystery and respect it, and if possible, invest it with more meaning, with more miraculous significance."
-Elie Wiesel

Monday-
"...... when you dream your dreams, make sure you integrate all these parts so you have total fulfillment. Do you remember it? Come on! Physical, mental, emotional, spiritual!"
-Billie Jean King

Tuesday-
"Although you will never fully know or successfully manipulate the characters who surface or disrupt your plot, you can respect the ones who do by paying them close attention and doing them justice. The theme you choose may change or simply elude you, but being your own story means you can always choose the tone."
-Toni Morrison

Wednesday-
"I say with you, as Earth, Wind and Fire put it so well a few decades ago, "Keep your head to the sky," or as the civil rights movement said so clearly, "Keep your eyes on the prize," not on each other, but on the prize. And as Mahalia Jackson used to sing so powerfully, Keep your hand on the plow."
-Cornel West

Thursday-
"PRACTICE PATIENCE. Whether you sit around like I do, working for that perfect word, or you are working toward a dream job, or wishing for a dreamy sweetheart. Things will come to you when you are ready to handle them—not before. Just keep walking your road."
-Suzan Lori-Parks

Friday-
"They told me that I was too engaged, that I was too emotional, I was too -- too much for the news and so they put me on a talk show one day just to run out my contract. And that was the beginning of my story. So I say, even when things are difficult, be grateful. Honor your calling, don't worry about how successful you will be. Don't worry about it. Focus on how significant you can be in service and the success will take care of itself."
-Oprah Winfrey

Saturday-
"Here is my resume: I am a good mother to three children. I have tried never to let my profession stand in the way of being a good parent. I no longer consider myself the center of the universe. I show up. I listen, I try to laugh. I am a good friend to my husband. I have tried to make marriage vows mean what they say. I show up. I listen. I try to laugh. I am a good friend to my friends, and they to me. Without them, there would be nothing to say to you today, because I would be a cardboard cutout. But call them on the phone, and I meet them for lunch. I show up. I listen. I try to laugh."
-Anna Quindlen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home