Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

FOOT IN MOUTH ITIS

So while in the Beantown my colleagues and I had dinner at Morton's.

I ordered the crab cake BLT which was delish.

So when the waiter put down the wrong meal I did something really ignorant.

I made a sound that is often heard on game shows. It's the incorrect answer noise "ERRRRRNT" and I then said "Wrong" as I looked down at my plate.

I don't know what came over me.

Except to say that I often do that as a way of being funny when I don't agree with someone or don't appreciate something they've done. It's really intended to be a harmless joke.

One friend apologized on my behalf, as I instantly began laughing out of embarrassment.

My other friends who were sitting near me immediately burst into laughter.

I then tried profusely to apologize.


Then today at work we were supposed to switch shifts so I said to a co-worker Malik, "Go tell them heiffers I said come outside cause it's their turn."

Do you know ol boy went in and quoted me verbatim.

Two seconds later the big boss gets on walkie.

"Chris I heard you're out there referring to your female colleagues with some choice language."

I was dumbfounded.

"Ummm. Uh. I think that means I have to tell Malik about discretion. I didn't tell him to say that to everyone ... I didn't tell him to repeat me exactly. I just chose to use some colorful language," I said.

"I think all your language is colorful," the big boss said over walkie.

"Agreed," I said.

Embarrassed as hell. Shit, I thought. I have two weeks left and I need her as a reference. LoL.

But apparently she has a sense of humor because a) I wasn't fired b) apparently she laughed both times Malik said it c) apparently she stood laughing watching from a window as I stopped dead in my tracks.

So I'm just going to keep my mouth shut for a while.

The cold weather must be getting to me.

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Blogger La said...

LMFAO!!! Omg! The word vomit! I do it alllll the time. I sincerely need to get control of my tongue. The other day I was watching some good ol Texas coonery and I exclaim, "WTF?!?!?!"....


...right in front of my mother. *sigh* If you figure out a way to control it let me know, lol

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

lmao @ you stopping in the tracks!! & at "ERRRRRNT... Wrong" hahahahahahaaaaaaaa!! the hilarity. and at la not knowing how to curb her enthusiasm around the mom dukes!!

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Jarrod said...

Nah champ...never apologize for your ignorance. It adds color to the blank slate of life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home