Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

"Your pissed off?...No, I'm Pissed Off" Part 3

I do want an experience focused in T.V. but you seemed to imply that the experience I wanted would put a burden on Mr. ___________. I suggested a hybrid only as a way to lessen the load. I've worked with Mr. _________ and know that he would like for me to produce content for radio, and Mr. ___________ would like for me to produce content for T.V. I primarily want experience in T.V. and want to be able to have the flexibility next semester to get hands on experience and to create content as a broadcaster. If I could do my own projects for T.V. only then nothing would make me happier. I'm looking for the opportunity to be allowed to do what it is that I love to do. I'm looking for the opportunity to gain experience which I haven't gotten in the last three years.

Christopher


So apparently the man is pissed because
a) he thinks I feel entitled to an independent study
b) he thinks I was disrespectful to him

I don't feel entitled, but I do feel I've earned the right for him to give my proposal serious thought. Contributions I've made outside of my classes, and a significant portion of my life while in college has been invested in entities under his auspices. Two years of my life was spent working for campus radio, months of my life working for campus T.V. In my view I have proven myself as a perfomer, I work everyday to maintain my reputation, and I work everyday to perform to high standards. I'm not perfect, far from it, but I'm no slacker. I deserve to not be brushed aside.

I don't think I was disrespectful I tried my best to be courteous and professional even when his rationale seemed flawed and smelled of B.S.

No he doesn't need to explain himself to me, but he needs to atleast hear me out. I've earned that right, I've proven myself.

Shortly after I had a meeting with two dudes who explained that said Doc was pissed off, another professor asked me to ask about an independent study. She wants me to work on a production with her, guess what department she's in? Comm. She knows what's up and she's an adjunct. How does she know, cause I did an independent project last year. She told me the project is being used heavy. That shows the cahir knows who the hell I am, and what I'm capable of. So, no he won't get away with trying to play me.

Also, don't push back to test me to see if I'm going to put up a fight, or go by the wayside, and then get mad when I fight. Cause when I'm mad or feel slighted I fight like hell.

Your pissed of? Naw man I'm pissed off, I'm all sorts of pissed.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you need me to go up and bust some heads???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home