Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What I Really Want?


This song has been heavy on my heart since the college Joy Night (Gospel Choir fall concert) Saturday night.

I'm at the point where nearly every day I'm questioning what I want.

What is it that I really want?

I'm questioning what I want my future to look like.

I'm questioning how I'll get there.

One of my mentors sent me an e-mail today. Included in the e-mail was a job listing.
The job is a non-journalism related job. She suggested I apply for the job.She thinks I'm qualified for the job without even having my college degree, despite the listing asking for 3-8 years experience. It's amazing that she still thinks I'm qualified for the job.

The job would most certainly pay more than an entry level journo job. Trust me folks.
Gosh, the job might pay 50-100% more than an entry level journo job. And in case you're wondering folks I wouldn't be selling my soul.

Hereinlies the problem with multiple passions.

As noted the job isn't in journo but it's still right up my alley based on my education, my life experience, a few of my other passions.

Oh the kicker, applying for this job would mean a part-time job beginning in April and a full-time job beginning in June.

Gosh to have that kind of security at 21.

I grab that piece of paper on May 17,2008!

Like I said no guarantee, but would exploring the opportunity make me disloyal to the other parts of who I am, the other parts of myself, my other commitments? Disloyal to those who look to me, rely on me, believe in me?

Gasp, would it make me a hypocrite?

The idea of being a hypocritical bastard, not at the top of my list.

Might be time for me to kneel down and lay it all down.

3 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

def. time for you to lay it down lay it down. homie, if its one of your passions, how does that make you a sellout or a hypocrite?? stop it. i have told you too many times you are too hard on yourself. if you don't like it, you can simply follow something else you like. you will learn, no matter what. follow your heart. also... and you know this. money isn't everything. if you'll be miserable, it's not even worth it.

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well I was going to write a whole bunch but J. sumed it up basically... 2 words DO YOU!

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

well, depends on how far off the beaten path this job is. That's the decision I'm wrestling with now myself. Ulitmately, lay it down on the altar, you'll know something when you get up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home