Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fan Mail

About 24 hours ago I was preparing to go to sleep because I knew I had a breakfast with the president of my college, the vice president of student development, and thirteen of my fellow student leaders. That's what life is sometimes like when people see you as a " student leader." Meetings and events like those might make you think you matter. But how can you know you're really affecting people's lives. It's easy to aspire to that level of recognition because of what it will supposedly get you.

You know what's even more humbling though, to be recognized when you hardly think anyone's watching or taking notice.

Imagine my surprise when I read this note sent to me at 1:30 in the A.M. It blew my mind!

"Chris,

I just wanted to send you a quick e-mail and let you know I appreciate your recent column to the Greyhound (if you've been in there in the past, I just met you, so I didn't make the connection!). Personally, I think the paper has been on a downward slope since we came, and this year especially I've found it trite and vision-less. I have begun to look forward to your articles as #2 behind the Police Blotter--which will never be dethroned--because you offer something that's a lot more intellectually stimulating than the 10 pages out of 20 dedicated to anything sports-related.

Keep up the good work"

Even I can't beat the police blotter but to know someone's taking note! That made my night especially since my residents be trying me! I might just have to start writing people up! People never head warnings without the prospect of sure consequences. "Kids if you try CNEL I'mma bring fiya!"

Ed. Note: The article is linked (just click on the blog title)!

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I see you are making an impact...keep up the good work

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

hotness! do it big then!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home