Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Perspective

I'm incredibly tired.

I'm still processing all that happened during that nearly three month stay in east central Illinois.

Yes, completing that internship was necessary. It was also brave, risky, and smart all those things I've had to be before in my life. It's just this time I had to think about it, I had to think before taking a risk or being brave. I'm learning though that as you get older you learn that each decision has a definite impact. You learn to plot, plan, and strategize. I think careful discernment, that it's part of that awesome thing which I constantly endeavor to encounter called wisdom.

It's amazing though that the necessity of the internship came out of being faced with rejection by my beloved association. I applied for Student Projects on multiple occassions, and didn't get it. I applied for the internship I didn't get it. What that let me know was to not to think it was something wrong on their part. It taught me I hadn't yet done enough on mine. I either wasn't as prepared or didn't have as much experience as the others. The thing is however I knew I could compete.

That saying I posted here weeks ago, "Don't be motivated by success, be motivated by challenge" or something to that affect. It has new meaning now.

I'm now Student Representative an advocate for over 1,200 college students and nearly 60 high school students. I'm charged with helping prepare others. It'll also be a way to motivate myself.

No I didn't put no money in the machine I just had like NO pictures of myself.

So Sen. Clinton I think I was paying more attention to Suzanne's legs.

Sen. Obama showed up too. On CP time no less.

I showed this pic to a friend. Friend: "Oh wow you met Drucilla."
Me: "Yes, and her real name is Victoria Rowell.
Her new book is called "The Women Who Raised Me"
I got my copy

WRC, NBC 4's Jim Vance, evening co-anchor

Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson about to make me write my own modern day version of " The Graduate"

Bmore Stand Up: CBS News Chief National Correspondent Byron Pitts (Bmore Native)

MY THANKS AS WELL FOR ALL THE CONGRATS. YA'LL HOLD ME DOWN.

P.S. I finally find a way to merge my passions being Student Rep duh it allows me to work with my fellow young people, do diversity work, and journalism. My passion for law will have to trasnform itself into equity and justice in the media. Hey law is all about equity & justice, right? Riiiiiiiiight.

Peace,

CNEL

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

good times! victoria rowell is my soror. heyyyyyyyyyy sis! don't lie. we know you dropped serious dollars in that machine. glad you're already seeing the great things out of your opportunities. you're fab!!

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

But I didnt see a DRINK in that pic. Didnt I teach you ANYTHING?!

You look very handsome, Mr. Student Rep!

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger CNEL said...

LoL J I don't gamble.

Wise rest assured I went to many events with an Open Bar.

I got carded for the first time the other day, at Hooters no less. As I sat there a little peeved I thought to myself. "Self why can't this waitress just bring me my dang drink."

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Congratulations!!!! YOung Black Politician in the making...

 
At 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaun Robinson is fine!!!! Hook me up!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home