Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I Just Came to the Realization

I just came to the realization that I don't like people.

a) I dislike people who lack substance.

b) I dislike people who are disrespectful.

c) I dislike people who are arrogant or ignorant.

d) I dislike people who get in my way.

Aside from the members of my family to whom I am closest, my circle of friends, my professional mentors and colleagues, and my blogger fam of course. There are few people who can meet my approval. It's not arrogance, conceitedness, or cockiness on my part. It's that I made a conscious decision to eliminate dead weight from my life. I cannot be weighed down, there's just too much to do.

Maybe it's because I have pretty high standards.

Or maybe it's what may very well be a weaknesses of mine.

That possible weakness: writing people off.

It's not that I make assumptions.

It's really that I use information I have: how you act around me, but more importantly how you act towards me, to make a judgement call. If I disapprove, you're X'ed. You're out, out of my life. I refuse to add chaos to my life.

It seems people therefore think that my being no nonsense equals hostility. I am not hostile. I am actually quite friendly. I like to smile. But I have a serious face...it says seriously don't F with me.

6 Comments:

At 12:39 AM , Blogger La said...

people seriously suck. lol

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Chris said...

that last part about the "don't f**k with me face"? Me to the core. Every time I'm walking around or even going back to when I was at Del State, I always had the low tolerance grill on (you might remember my entry about my roommate's jumpoff saying I had the "why is this b**** here" look, lol), just to keep the insanity away. The drawback is that everybody thinks you're evil and is hesitant to talk, but hey, let them find out that it's not that deep.

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe it has taken you this long to realize you dont like people. i have been your friend for 10 years and I knew that. lol

 
At 2:33 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

lmao @ "I have a serious face...it says seriously don't F with me." i like people. i just have a low tolerance for dramatics and those who don't know how to act. and talking to strangers i will never see again is not high on my list of priorities. scratch. it does not exist on my list of priorities.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now you know I can't stand people for REAL get on my damn nerves

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger CNEL said...

So folks, LoL I see there's more than just me LoL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home