Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

"And Please Don't Let This Be Yet Another Overrated Experience"

I started off the weekend by being on R.A. duty. Woo, what a great way to spend a Friday night. :-( Duty means along that with a partner I complete rounds at 8pm, 10pm, 12am, and 2am or thereabouts. The task at hand: patrol a series of buildings in the new freshman area making sure people aren't a) drinking b) being too loud c) not destroying school property or d) don't have any other problems.

On Saturday night there was this annual Senior Event ('08 stand up!) called Senior 250's. It's an event for seniors only! Someone on campus the senior class gathers for booze, food, and music. The event continues every 50 days or so. So eventually comes the Senior 200's, Senior 150's, Senior 100's, Senior 50's, and then graduation.

Last night was our first night out.

Each event has a theme and last night the theme was "Welcome to the Jungle" (after the Guns and Roses song). Ummm there enlies the first problem.

$10 entrance fee... Ummm there enlies another problem.

Let's just say because since there was only Bud Light and Yuengling I was disappointed. You can pay for beers and nothing else.... boo that. Ummm there enlies a huge problem. That junk is nasty!

As for food chicken tenders, taquitos, and chips and dip. Huh? That's a definite problem.

So I tried to not be a brat and enjoy myself.

Here are a few snapshots:

Titi and me


My old roomie Chris Nic, our friend Britt, and Me

Some of 2008


More of '08


So now let me get through the next week. And hope next weekend proves more satisfying.

Later.

5 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Blogger Chris said...

it's your senior year, homes, you better enjoy it. And your friend's name? It fits her. That is all.

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

mad at the pink scarf and the animal print attire in general!! yuengs are the bomb!! yuengs and wings nights here are classic!

 
At 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to invite me to some of these parties!!

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO Jameil is funny!!!

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger CNEL said...

Disclaimer: The pink scarf isn't mine. They threatened to kick me out if I wasn't in some sort of festive attire.

I now know I may need to be slightly buzzed to enjoy the next one of those.

That is all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home