Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Words of the Week

Note: In honor of tonight's Academy Awards

Sunday-
John Wade Prentice: You think of yourself as a colored man. I think of myself as a man.
-Sidney Poitier in “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner”

Monday-
Baines: A man curses because he doesn't have the words to say what's on his mind.
-Albert Hall in “Malcolm X”

Tuesday-
Antwone Fisher: It don't matter what you tried to do, you couldn't destroy me! I'm still standing! I'm still strong! And I always will be.
-Derek Luke in “Antwone Fisher”

Wednesday-
Lawrence Musgrove: I've always believed that a portrait captures a person far better than a photograph. It truly takes a human being to really see a human being.
-Sean “P. Diddy” Combs in “Monster’s Ball”

Thursday-
Tea Cake: Whatcha doin', Janie?
Janie Starks: I'm watchin' God.
-Michael Ealy and Halle Berry in “Their Eyes Were Watching God”

Friday-
Kenya Denise McQueen: Dreams change. When I was younger my dream was to marry Rick James.
-Sanaa Lathan in “Something New”

Saturday-
Myrtle: You know I know this man put a hurtin' on you baby, but you've got to forgive him. No matter what he done, you've got to forgive him - not for him, but for you.
Helen: Forgive him for me?
Myrtle: When some body hurts you they take power over you, if you don't forgive them then they keeps the power. Forgive him baby and after you forgive him, forgive youreself.
- Cicely Tyson and Kimberly Elise in “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home