Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

If It Could Be Oh So Simple

Listening:




Reading:



A few weeks back, a few classmates and I were driving back to campus from an off-campus assignment and we found ourselves discussing how college was not living up to our expectations. College we all noted is supposed to "be a time where you grow as a person", but yet we all found ourselves doing so much they we were forgetting our personhood and we weren't quite sure that we were indeed paying close enough attention to our own personal growth.

One classmate Jazz noted as did we all that we have friends who are in steady relationships, some of whom are getting engaged. The three of us (there were 4 total) who were single loathed for a minute, and talked about how we were in college, the time when so many people meet that special person and we hadn't. It did register in my mind at that moment that saying I heard years back, "Marriage is just a timetrack for validation." Then Jazz lamented that just as soon as she'd hope to be in a fulfilling relationship, she wanted to have time for herself. Right now she said she ran from class to work to meetings. That mirrored all our lives. She said she wanted some her time, time to read for pleasure.

Instantly I was co-signing.

Oh for life to be so simple, and we can actually do what we want. So Jazz was my inspiration for picking up a book I wanted to read for pleasure. So, I just wanted to say I was so proud of myself for being a bit selfish last week.

I finally got around to ditching all the books of no consequence I called myself reading, and I began one which I actually think will be quite interesting. So now I'm going to try to read on a consistent basis, and finish it within good time, Deconstructing Tyrone.

Mind you I'm on page 20, this little thing called class, and this other little thing called work, and my being under the weather this weekend got in the way of me making a more sizeable dent. The point is I started :-).

It seems like it will be an interesting read, wish me luck in finishing it before something consumes even more of my time.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am already halfway through the Tyrone book. I like it. I am glad that I bought it.

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

since everybody's readin tyrone, guess i need to jump on the bandwagon.

I just want to say I can't be more proud of you for being a bit selfish last week!!! congrats cnel!! baby steps. we will get you taking time out for you EVERY WEEK in no time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home