Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, February 16, 2007

"Soulstar", "Forthenight"

So last night I went to the Musiq Soulchild concert with my lil cousin, we're eleven months apart, and she's named after me. That's my little homie.

We showed up mad early 7:00, for a show which I didn't know started at 8:30. But oh well. We were front and center.






NOTE: They had signs everywhere which said no cameras like I cared, well that was until the rent-a-cop threatened to take my camera away. Ummm I do need a new one but not yet LoL.

I call taking pictures despite the signs being "subversive".

THIS MAY INSPIRE ME TO GET SOME SORT OF PRESS PASS FROM THE STATION SO I CAN GET APPROVAL TO CHRONICLE THE EVENTS WHICH I ATTEND.

It was hotness he performed the classics like "Love", "Just Friends", I think he did "One Night" "ForTheNight" and "Who Knows", he definitely did "Soul Star".

He also did a tribute to Rick James, Gerald Levert, James Brown and Jay Dilla.

He ended with his new section which samples De La Soul's "Buddy" and before that Taana Gardner's "Heartbeat". The funniest thing is that this woman was mad I didn't know "Heartbeat".

Her: "You don't know this song?"

Me: "No."

Her: "How old are you?"

Me: "20" (Note: Five months till I can hang ya'll )

She then sucks her teeth and steps back a bit. Was she mad cause she was peeping me all night and I'm not part of the 25 and older never mind the 30 and over club? Her friends were cute, maybe I should have broadened my horizons.

The show was on point, the next album "Luvanmusiq" drops on March 13.

4 Comments:

At 2:52 PM , Blogger Chris said...

I think she had something in mind, but was put off by your age. Whatever, she'll get over it. Only musical dorkasaurus rexes like me can pick out samples from certain songs, so don't feel bad.

Musiq is pretty damn talented, I imagine a live show from him is pretty good, right?

 
At 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen that show! Look for some so when I come home we can go see it.

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Lola Gets said...

Man, Id like to see him in concert! I saw Raheem DeVaughn recently - by accident, I thought it was a Fertile Ground concert - and he put on a good show. I never knew these new age "crooners" could be soo good! lol
L

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

someone teach him to spell, then ask him not to spell anymore. i hate that he spells buddy. it really annoys me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home