Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Words of the Week

So I watched a bit of Tavis Smiley's State of Black America on Saturday. I tried to soak up some of the wisdom.

Sunday - "There but for the Grace of God, go I."
-Proverb relayed by Tavis Smiley

Monday - "Joy has to do with the quality of service to others."
-Cornel West

Tuesday- "The people are the central determinate of history."
-Lerone Bennett

Wednesday- "The hardest job of a black preacher is to preach the funeral of an unproductive negro...we're supposed to get up and hallucinate a life for you, you ain't ever lived."
-Al Sharpton

Thursday- "Each generation must, out of relative obscurity, discover its mission, betray it or fulfill it."
-Franz Fanon relayed by Dr. Eddie Glaude, Jr.

Friday- "Personality led organizations die with the personality. Process led organizations survive."
-Bruce Gordon

Saturday- "The eyes of the future are looking back at us, and praying that we look beyond our own issues."
-Unknown

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

i don't think sharpton's quote is just for black preachers. there are lots of people who may not have fulfilled what we see as their purpose from all walks of life. you probably know some of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home