Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Reporter's Notebook

I'd like better nothing else than the opportunity to develop, report, and produce my own stories. The reality is that I have other obligations and responsibilities. I am a full-time student and I work part-time. The reality is that the news business is a team sport, an extremely competitive team sport. The reality is that no matter how much I detest relying on other people, I exist as part of a team. I've been reminded that at the end of the day my responsibility remains the same. I am obligated to ensure that the stories I report are accurate, honest, compelling, and informative. My stories must be relavent to the public. Journalism is truly a public service. No matter how the industry changes, how newsgathering changes, I still owe it to those who get their news from me to give them an excellent story. People think that just because I work at a college station, I shouldn't take my job so seriously. My philosophy is this: the news is always serious business. I cannot control what others do, but I can damn sure give my best.

This week has been a rough one for me. I've had to get up, pull myself together, and go out on my own to report the news. My motivation for this week: begin putting together a story that highlight leadership development of young women. I chose to highlight the Institute of Notre Dame, the high school of the new speaker of the United States House of Representatives.







Pic 1 IND entrance
Pic 2 Latin translation "Excellence & Knowledge" or "Excellence and Skill"
Pic 3 "IND Way" sign
Pic 4 A handmade sign
Pic 5 Speaker Pelosi's Great Niece

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home