Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Another B-Day

So today I in earnest began a new you resolution.

So I have dubbed this my 2nd birthday.

The Backstory:

A few months back I was sitting in a movie theater watching the preview for a movie called, "A Good Woman". I still haven't seen the movie, but I intend to do so eventually. I've been busy and I never saw it listed as playing in a theater near me. The preview was phenomenal, so I think the movie will be as well.

Something which was said in the preview struck me as being poignant and powerful:
"If you shut your eyes to everything that isn't perfect you're destined to fall into a hole."
-Helen Hunt as Mrs. Erlynne

Well I don't want to fall into a hole. I have decided to open my mind, and by doing so open my life to all the blessings which could potentially come my way. I have decided this since "every second a new second, every minute a new minute, every hour a new hour, and every day a new day". It seems that it wasn't until recently that I decided that I have the ability to set myself on a path towards contentment. Contentment: Much like anyone else I have a right to be happy, I have a right to be free. Free from the burden of making everyone happy but me.

What I want to achieve is that sense of balance which I know is out there.

My maternal grandfather turned 78 on Saturday. When I grow up I want to be as fly as my grandfather, cause the man has class, dignity, and a swagger. Even at 78 granddad shows you a thing or two!

Today's motivating force, the song below. You know the beauty of music is that it provides the power of transcendence. It helps transform you, and can even help transport you to another place. A place of piece. I was drawn to this song after it was sampled on Letoya Luckett's new cd Letoya. I mean phenomenal song, phenomenal.

Just A Prayer Away
As Performed by Yolanda Adams

I know that there are times in your life.
When the wheels just seem to turn
And uncertainty about your tomorrow to grow
One thing you should remember and you should always know
Out of everyone who loves you I love you the most

I am just a prayer away
Call my name with your heart and I’ll hear every word you say
When you cry at night I’ll wipe the tears away
Just pray my love and I’ll be there right away

You will never have to wonder about my love
Just put your faith in trust in my care oh
I will always be there to hold you in my arms
When your afraid don’t worry I’ll protect you from the storm
Out of everyone who loves you I your father loves you the most

I am just a prayer away
Call my name with your heart and I’ll hear every word you say
When you cry at night I’ll wipe the tears away
Just pray my love and I’ll be there right away
(Keep repeating for 4 rounds)

This girl's version of that song was aiight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhj5_rFLZt0

P.S.
Some of you may remember a few weeks ago I mentioned a supposed lunch or dinner with an old high school friend. I haven't seen her in forever and a day. Last week I gave her my number, and told her to hit me back when she came back from her second vaca. I wanted to be like take me. I'll help you relax. JK. JK. So anyway back to the story today she sends me a message telling me to call her and confirm, cause she may not call me. She must don't know, I knew it was a test. She wanted to see if I was game. I'm a scaredy cat, but I called her. Thank God for voicemail. LOL.

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen for voicemail!! Hey, at least you called. Thats a huge step for you!! Hahahahaha j/k

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home