Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Survey

I liked these questions though one's like fav books, fav music, and fav quotes sometimes change.

Style
Where I shop
Amazon.com, BestBuy.com (BUT FOR SOME REASON I DON'T THINK THAT MEANT THIS)
Brands I love
Mmmm no one like that
I like to wear
The colors blue, gray, and khaki, khakis, jeans
Can't live without
Mmmm
Prized Possessions
Family, friends, my mind, my cd's, my books
Guilty Pleasure
There's a lot of those a good book, a good cd, my poetry, my writings, a bomb chicken salad sandwich, pineapple soda, bbq chips, fresh baked goods

Movies
Favorite Movies
Hav Plenty, The Best Man, Love Jones, Lean on Me, Mr. Holland's Opus, She Hate Me, The Inkwell, Crooklyn
Favorite Actors
Kerry Washington, Joy Bryant, Monica Calhoun, Larenz Tate
Favorite Directors
Spike Lee
Favorite Genre
Dramedy, Romantic Comedy
Favorite Soundtracks
Love and Basketball
Movie Quotes I say all the time
"Can't shall never be in a man's vocabulary." - Love and Basketball
Movies I can watch over and over
Hav Plenty, Love Jones, The Inkwell, Crooklyn
Actor that would play me in a movie
Isaiah Washington

Music
Favorite Artists
Vivian Green, Jill Scott, Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, Rihanna, Destiny's Child, Raheem DeVaughn, Maxwell, Anthony Hamilton, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo
Favorite Albums
Destiny Fulfilled, Music of the Sun, Vivian, Who is Jill Scott?, Maxwell: Now
Favorite Genre
R & B
Favorite Songs
"Now I Know" by Rihanna, "Cursed" by Vivian Green, "Golden" by Jill Scott, "Diary" by Alicia Keys, "If Only You Knew" by Patti LaBelle, "New Day" by Patti LaBelle, "Cater 2 U" by Destiny's Child, "Feel the Same Way I Do" by Destiny's Child, "Speechless" by Beyonce, "You" by Raheem DeVaughn, "A Woman's Work" by Maxwell, "The Truth" by India Arie, "Good Man" by India Arie, "Beautiful Surprise" by India Arie, "The Truth" by Anthony Hamilton, "Pass Me Over" by Anthony Hamilton, "Young Love" by Chris Brown, "Say Goodbye" by Chris Brown, "When You're Mad" by Ne-Yo, "Sexy Love" by Ne-Yo, "Let Go" by Ne-Yo
Favorite Lyrics
Rihanna's "Now I Know", Vivian Green "Cursed", Ne-Yo "Let Go"
Songs for Roadtrips
Any of the above
Songs I hate
Come back to me
Guilty Pleasure
Beyonce's "Speechless", Maxwell's "A Woman's Work"
Songs I repeat the most
Rihanna "Now I Know", Ne-Yo "Let Go", Vivian Green "Cursed", Destiny's Child "Cater 2 U"
Band I wish I was in
112

Food
Favorite Cuisine
American
Favorite Dishes
Meatloaf, Chicken Tenders, Chicken Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Potatoes and Onions, French Fries, String Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Macc and Cheese, Corn
Favorite Desserts
Tiramisu, Peach Cobbler, Apple Pie
Favorite Drinks
Cranberry and Pineapple
Favorite Junk Foods
Cakes, Cookies, Buns (Fresh Baked Goods)
Best meal ever
Almost anything my mother cooks
My Original Recipes
Umm...come back to me
Favorite Restaurants
Cheesecake Factory, Ruby Tuesday's, Red Robin
Foods I hate
If it looks nasty or smells nasty ex. chitterlings

Books
Favorite Books
Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?, Black Ice, Krik Krak, Always Wear Joy, Eyes to My Soul
Favorite Authors
Beverly Daniel Tatum, Lorene Cary, Edwidge Danticat, E. Lynn Harris, Eric Jerome Dickey
Favorite Genres
African American, Fiction, Biography, Poetry, Quotes
Favorite Characters
Almost anyone in an E. Lynn Harris or Eric Jerome Dickey Book
Favorite Quotes
"Life is a test, and you're going to get tested."
-Unknown

"Always work hard at being what you should be, not hiding what you are."

"The fact that we are here and living and breathing and walking and talking and able to speak with some kind of intelligence means that we have already survived the trips and the traps and the tragedies of our times.Surviving is what we do."
-Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie, first female bishop of the AME church

"If you wonder why I fit in so well here, it's because I worked damn hard to get here. And I know I deserve it."
-Janet Hubert as Vivian Banks on "The Fresh Prince of Bel- Air"

"If you don't define yourself for yourself you'll be shaped into other people's fantasies of you and eaten alive."
- Audre Lorde ala "The Best Man"

"A person can be imperfect and still do great things."
-Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, President of the University of Maryland Baltimore County

"I'm cool with failing so long as I know there are people around me who love me unconditionally."
-Dave Chapelle

"If you don't know then it doesn't matter."
-Brittany Harris
Recent Reads
Sometimes Rhythm, Sometimes Blues Ed. Taigi Smith

Television
Favorite Shows
Inside the Actor's Studio, Law and Order, Run's House Girlfriends, Oprah, 30 Minute Meals, Paula's Home Cooking, Unwrapped
Favorite Channels
CNN, Bravo, PBS, MTV, NBC, Food Network
Favorite Reruns
Law and Order, Judging Amy, A Different World, The Cosby Show
Most Addictive Show
Teammates on ESPN
Favorite Late Night Talk Show
Charlie Rose
Favorite Episode
A Different World: Anyone
Characters you relate to
William on Girlfriends
Favorite Theme Song
A Different World
Show I Secretly Watch
The View
Show I wished wasn't cancelled
Judging Amy , Wanda at Large

Travel
Places I love
Baltimore (on most days), D.C.
Places I've been
St. Louis, MO; Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; Providence, Rhode Island, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Cheyney, Pennsylvania, Deleware, South Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Italy
Places to see before I die
Senegal, Ghana, South Africa, England, France, Italy again, Japan, Brazil, Cuba
Dream Vacation
Any of the above with a special person in my life.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

lmao @the view. a lot of dudes love girlfriends. interesting. colors blue, gray, and khaki???? cnel. i need you to put some color in your wardrobe honey. Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? is a good book. you know you had me when you were talking abt the food: potatoes, fries, mac and cheese, chicken tenders, meat loaf, peach cobbler, apple pie!!!! mmmm MMM!!! LOLOLOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home