Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

School Dayz

Some days I feel as if I have my future all mapped out, and other days I feel like I'm back at the drawing board. One day I envision myself reporting from a foreign country or perched behind an anchor desk, another day I see myself standing before a jury box or another day I see myself giving tours of a school. I'm going to be a journalist, I'm going to be an attorney, I'm going to be an educator. Some days I feel conflicted, some days I feel as if I'm at fault for having big dreams. Then I realize that I'm fortunate enough to be receiving an education which enables me to even dream of accomplishing just one of those things.

So yesterday I took the day off. It was only the second work day off since I returned from Italy. Gosh it felt good not to have to wake up at the crack of dawn and head downtown to the office. I had almost forgotten what it felt like not to have to answer my cell phone or type an e-mail.

For a few minutes yesterday I watched Oprah with my mom.

It made me think about just what perils really face the young people of today and tomorrow.

Then I found this story, which one of my mentors had told me about before I left for Italy.

If you click the link, be sure to check out the video. There is a particular sequence where Ed Bradley talks about the lottery which is done to see who

Why does it seem that every time we find something that works for children it's only available to a select few. Given the fact that we know that our education system is in crisis, why does it seem we aren't doing enough and aren't motivated to do better?

Sometimes my mind wanders and wonders!

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

you can get your j.d. after you finish your b.a. lots of people go to law school after a journalism degree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home