Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

RANDOM BITES

Did anyone see that ridiculous article about the crowded nature of the Senate only elevator on Capitol Hill? Can we say it together now? Hilarious. Or better yet, ridiculous. I see where they feel they deserve some perks or privileges, but you'd think the fact that most of them are millionaires who receive extra spending money would be enough. I'm just saying.

I found the article about the grandmother caring for her grandkinds more compelling and thought provoking. Maybe seeing this will remind people what hardships really look like. I for one am tired of reading the articles which suggest that summertime = restlessness amongst young people, thus resulting in crime and useless activity. I'm young and sometimes restless, but unless the heat makes me delusional you won't see me acting a fool. Have you met my momma? Better yet have you met my grandfather? I understand that young people need jobs, they need education, and they need recreation. But if anyone thinks that being young and restless is a justification for being young and dumb send them to 5017 ummm naw.Let's just say that we all need enlightenment if we don't see the need to teach self-discipline, self-control, and self-respect. If people aren't taught accountability, they will never accept responsibility for themselves. I make mistakes, I do dumb things, but you better know I understood I know what reprecussions can come from acting up or acting out.

Hmmm. I have called myself trying to return to my roots as a writer. I used to love to write. Now I find it more of a chore. What does one do when that happens? How can one find the joy again.

But here's some scribble:
"At a time and place yet to be determined our destiny's will finally collide, finally unite, and finally give rise to something in which we can both take pride. While my mind gives reasons why this can be but an illusion, my heart has implanted in it a divine eye which can see he beauty of our pending reunion and everlasting union. In you I find reasons to live, breath, and strive. Through you my heart learns to mount wings and soar to new heights. Through you I learn the secret t finding contentment."

&

"I call you my ideal because your essence is most real.

There is not one thing about you I would endeavor to change.

That is not my role.

It is my job to respect you for who you are, cherish your individuality, honor your spirit, and nurture the desires within you.

If through you I were to grow more wise, more patient, or more kind than my life will have been made that much better."

2 Comments:

At 7:19 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

that's love right there. how bout i loved the senators article. i thought it was hilarious.

 
At 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so choked up by what you said about the heat not = to restless teens...have you met my momma and grandfather? Kudos to your family, they obviously did a good job, and you are making wise choices.

What a great blog & I am an confident that you'll achieve everything you're working hard for.

I was just blogsurfing, and I stopped by.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home