Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

It's Day Three

Hello Again,

It is day three of my stay here in Cagli (Cah-yee),
Italy. So we arrived two days ago. The first day was
spent getting situated in our apartments, because we
didn't get here until 6:30pm our time, 1:30pm back
there in the states. The first not was spent out and
about before some R & R.

Yesterday I woke up at 2pm after sleeping about twelve
hours. I don't know if I was tired, jet lagged, or
something else. Some people went to a nearby waterfall
for a swim. Then we took a walk to The Atrium which is
basically our school. It's where we'll have our
Italian classes as well as our classes in
Storytelling, Photography, Videography, and web
design. It's also where we have our computer lab where
we'll do much of the work required for our projects.
After stopping at The Atrium, my roommate Kevin and I
went across the bridge into "new-Cagli". That is where
we found the computer store, where we used the
internet to check our e-mail and I posted a blog. Then
on the way back to the apartment we went to the
grocery store. Let me tell you milk in Cagli for a
small container was an arm and a leg, over 12 Euros.
Mind you a $1.37 in America is what translates to a
Euro here. The exchange rate at the airport, well I am
still feeling the effects of that. After the
supermarket we went home to put things away. Then I
went to buy a phone card. Then I hurried to meet the
roomie, so that we could have dinner. We met up with
another group, and had dinner at La Lanterna. It's a
restaurant and a pizzeria. For dinner last night I had
"raviolli a ragu" I think my spelling is right, a
green salad with olive oil and vinegar, bread, white
wine, and water. Later I made time to call my mother,
and also to get my first gelatto at Gelateria
artigianale. Then I showered and called it a night.

Today we had orientation at 9:45. We were given more
instruction about the program. Basically most groups
have 4-5 people, each person will pick a story idea.
During the week when we as a group cover their story
they'll be in charge of storytelling and a group
member will take pictures, record video, and be in
charge of web-design. In addition to that my group
members and I will be working on a documentary
project. Many of us are a little intimidated by the
anticipated work, but are encouraged by the fact that
we'll be able to try so many different things. It's
not everyday that you get to dabble and such
competitive, important, challenging, and respected
fields. After meeting with our advisor and the only
other of my groups members to have arrived, I had
lunch. I took the easy way out and had a burger.
After conversating with some other students, we all
headed for photography class. I for one didn't know
how much went into taking a good photo. I have a
newfound respect for photographers, after two hours of
class. We have our first two assignments 1) come up
with story ideas 2) begin taking photos which is sort
of a scavenger hunt exercise.

After blogging, and checking e-mail. I'll probably go
back, clean up a bit, and then do dinner. Tonight I
will have to get a good nights sleep, because we have
Italian beginning at 8am tomorrow. Just think for you
guys that is 2am.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue updating as often
once we get down to the nitty gritty of it all.

But don't despair, I'll atleast aim for twice a week,
hopefully.

Ciao for now.

Lawd, I can't wait for my Italian classes. This
language barrier is crazy!

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

conversating!?????? its conversing!! biggie ruined tooooo many black folk. conversating is not a word.

glad you'll be able to blog!

just be glad you're in a country where you already recognize the cuisine. that's half the battle.

 
At 11:47 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Dammit...maybe "conversate" is a word in Italia! lol

I love that you're updating, love that you're getting out, and will love to know how the Italian women treat brothas. Be safe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home