Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, May 19, 2006

I Feel Like a Broken Record, Well Somewhat

Okay let's see what has happened in my life since Wednesday:
Academic: So in about six days I'll be in Italy. My feelings haven't changed I'm still slightly exicted, a little anxious, and a tad nervous. The group I'll be traveling with will be staying in northern Italy in the Marche region. We're staying in a small town (Tuscany is the nearest metropolitan area), and supposedly I may get to see a bit of Florence, no Milan, Rome, or Sicily for me. While there we'll be repsonsible for taking classes and doing work, sounds like fun right. Well our focus will be on putting together a documentary website combining: storytelling, photography, videography, html design, and other skill sets. On weekends I will be working with a seperate group on a documentary/video project. So technically, I won't be getting a break from school until July. I need to get myself together, aside from the passport, plane ticket, and techn gear, I've purchased I've done nothing. I do need to pack my clothes, and anything else I'll need for my four week stay, I've been putting it off.
I also need to start thinking about grad school and whether I'll be taking the GRE's or the LSAT's. I'm wondering if I want to stick with journalism and pursue a Master's Degree in Journalism, pursue a Juris Doctorate, or turn to education and let my employer pay for a Master's in Education. I guess I'll do that research in July once I'm back stateside.
I need to get my grades up, if I even want to think about grad school.
I'm wondering if I will try and keep up with all of campus media at one point last year I was involved with the campus newspaper, the campus radio station, and the campus television station.
Professional: I just finished up year one of my stint as an after care counselor at a local prep school. The school has offered me my position back in the fall. So far my plan is to return in September. Today was my last day until then. I was somewhat glad, and a bit sad. I was happy because I need a break from the little ones. It really is hard work and somewhat tiring. Also as a solid disciplinarian, I want to be able to give up being a hard ass if only for a bit. At the same time a few of the students are leaving before next year, and I'm going to miss them. One of my students is moving with her family to her father's native country of Rwanda. I'm really going to miss my Bea, and her saying "Christopher" in her sing songy voice, and being able to say "Mr. Nelson" in my sing songy voice. Having worked there for a year gave me continued exposure to the independent school world. While I don't see myself as a teacher, I can see myself in private school administration focusing on admissions or diversity work. I'm keeping that as an option. I've applied to be on the faculty of an independent school diversity conference in the fall.
My internship this summer will once again be Public Relations related but in the past I have written articles for the agency newsletter. I still need to get back to my journalistic roots preferably at a TV station. My resume will still boast of work for the gubment LoL.
So I purchased a plane ticket, registered for the NABJ convention, and apparently I have a hotel room reserved. One of my close friends works for Marriott and has told me he has me a room reserved. I had been scrambling to find a roomie, but homie says he was looking out for me. Mmmm it's a little iffy when they just tell you to show up. But my travel agent did tell me to show up at the airport next week with just my passport. So we shall see if I can just show up and have a hotel room waiting.
Social: I'm supposed to be going out with some friends early next week. One of my best friends is headed to China will I'm away. It'll be the first summer in two summers we haven't hung out just a little bit. We both had offices in downtown B-more where we interned in our respective fields for the past two years.
Romantic ??: So I let another one slip away. I didn't really express interest in the new girl at work. Well maybe just a little. I did talk her head off however. I don't know she probably thinks I'm self-absorbed. Sometimes when we feel we're trying to play it cool we overcompensate. But I'm unemployed for the next five weeks, then I'll have another chance to act stupid haha.
Aiight have to go call one of my female friends and see what's up in her life. If I don't call this chick soon, we may not talk till the fall. She does me like that, really.
And then I have to read my best friends essay for the med school common app.
Fun, fun, fun.
TTYL,
CNEL

1 Comments:

At 1:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the girl at work?????? Tell me!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home