Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Almost Doesn't Count

Well I am days closer to the final day of my sophomore year. I know I keep saying that, but as each night the sun sets, and the next day the sun rises, I get more and more excited. I have two more finals and then I'll be a junior, yea me. I have atleast 1 A, apparently I have 1 B even though my final for that class is on Thursday, I'm tempted not to study for that final tomorrow night, but it could be a setup. All I want is a 3.0 so I can go on vacation. Let's face it I'm ready for some sun. I want to go to a park and have a picnic for one, is that weird or what? I had a dream about going and having a personal picnic. I don't know what the heck that means, but back on subject. On Thursday at 4pm I can breathe and start packing to go home.

Oh and aside from studying, struggling to find motivation, forcing myself to study, I have been sleeping a lot. I have gotten more sleep during exam period, than I have the entire year, no joke. Well given that I don't have grades yet from two of my touchest classes, whose finals were take homes due last week, I don't know if I dg myself a hole or not.

I have been waking up in time to watch this. I love them I am a Meredith Vieira groupie. A friend and I were talking about our love for Meredith the other day. She's just honest, and given that it's at a lack these days, I'll take as much as I can get . Apparently Star may be leaving, but if the rumors are true, and she's starting to feel herself, maybe she does need to go. Remember it's an ensemble, it ain't all about you. If you have co-anything, then you need to vibe.

I've also been watching a lot of Oprah, cause she's Oprah. But also cause I love Dr. Robin Smith. She's like the new Dr. Phil, tells you what you don't like the hear, tells you what you do need to hear, and does it regardless. Hope she isn't the new flavor of the day cause Iyanla and Dr. Phil have gotten some mixed reviews.

Then I been watching local news, but it's a tad depressing sometimes.

And I have been happy to be able to watch ABC's World News Tonight, thanks to not having to run off to the radio station. I mean I used to watch Nightly News, but Brian Williams seems pompous and arrogant (I think it's just his delivery and on-air appearance), and also he seems stiff, bored, and bland. I can't get with that so I've been flipping to Elizabeth Vargas. I like her, always have, whenever I've seen her. She does better on WNT than on 20/20 it seems like a joke now, like it's all fluff. I am a little upset that ABC is going through so much pain to pan in to hide her pregnant belly. The woman is pregnant, big deal, women do occassionaly get pregnant. Their camera antics are a bit distracting at times. I think she's doing quite nicely flying solo, and if it's all about the news, focus on the news, not on how people respond to a pregnant woman. If we had a female President and she was having a kid we'd be forced to deal. Maybe that's why people don't want to see a woman president, or maybe that's why if we did have one, people would be more comfortable with one who is menopausal. Hmmm.

Oh and I been eating some interesting stuff here on campus, cause I have to avoid the cafeteria cause of that weirdo who likes hitting on me. It was a good excuse to hit up Panera Bread the other day yum. When I fly this coop I have to hit places I haven't been in a while like Mickey D's, Xando (a local joint), a sub shop for a cheesesteak sub, Faidley's (crab cake). I've been neglecting my stomach and must make ammends.

Okay just felt like letting out some stuff.

TTYL.

Back to studying Sociology and more specifically American Society. I'mma just pray for some intervention tomorrow during this final.

Oh and how about this is my first in class final since I believe Spring 2005, if I'm not missing one from last semester. How about I didn't know exams were three hours? I thought they were 2, mmm I sure hope I can be in and out, and get to leave early. I can't sit for three hours of anything these days.

My head is officially in the clouds, oh wait almost doesn't count!

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM , Blogger Clay said...

that is one of the few brandy songs i can sit through -- i know the end of the school feeling all too well. wait till you're a senior!

 
At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant wait to come home and have a real crabcake!!!

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

dr. robin is the bomb!! and i'll be in "watch out for the big girl" next wkend. can't wait to have a "real crabcake" and a chicken box. my mom's always like, why are you so obsessed w/food? i can't help it! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home