Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, May 29, 2006

HELLO ALL

It is the first official day of the program. We began
classes this morning at 8am. We are taking Italian
here at The Atrium. Our classes last for two weeks I
believe. Italian is the most challenging foreign
language I've taken since taking Latin in middle
school. I think that it's due in part to the fact that
I did not take a foreign language at all last year. I
will definitely be picking up something when I get
home. It could be as simple as buying a language on
time.

After Italian I went to a local cafe and had an
espresso, a pastry, and bottled water.

Then it was back here for Storytelling where we were
lectured on everything from story structure to AP
style. Come on journos we know how painful AP style
can be, and I wish I had remembered to bring my style
book.

We have already begun taking pictures. The entire
group of 30 + has been assigned a scavenger hunt of
sorts. We have to take about 15 different pictures by
Monday. This assignment isn't necessarily challenging,
but we have to find all these things.

This afternoon we have photo and then storytelling
again tonight. The entire group is having dinner
tonight at a restaurant. That should be fun.

I have to start thinking about what story I'm covering
for the website.

I'll keep you posted.

Okay interesting briefs for you to ponder

1) Italians here in Cagli have a long nap time between
1:30pm to between 4:00 and 4:30.

The day resumes around 5:30.

Dinner is generally after 7:30.

Night life begins thereafter and can go to past 3:00.
Some people don't come out until after midnight.

Maybe the above was shocking because I don't club in
the states.

2) A lot of the stores serve both liquor and ice cream
at the same location. It was a little weird being in a
bar and having ice cream and young people living
around.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

4 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Italians never are in a rush. I like the fact that they have nap time. I am glad that you are enjoying yourself.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

now that's some yum! liquor and ice cream! so glad you're blogging frequently so far! that's great. very excited. and can i get up on that siesta?? why on earth are you complaining?

ap style gets easier the more you use it, like everything else. the worst is when you're trying to use ap print and broadcast style simultaneously (usually only if you're in multiple classes). that is some annoying ish.

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

oh yeah, and most europeans are rarely in a rush. tea time, siesta, etc. *sigh* i need to go back.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

A nap AND liquor and ice cream?? I'm in the wrong culture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home