Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

B-More Careful Part 4 of 4

B-More Careful Part 4 of 4

“God comes for us all, promising nothing more in life except one day you will die. There’s no promises for success, no promises for wealth, no promises for happiness, love or health. The only thing for certain in life, is death. It’s what you do in between life and death that counts.”

&

“I don’t wish death on nobody, but death is part of life. We’re all born to die.”

When I read the first passage in Shannon Holmes’s “B-More Careful” my mind harkened back to a radio commentary done by Tavis Smiley a few years ago. In the commentary for Tom Joyner’s morning show, Tavis meditated on the loss of life, and the symbolism of tomb stones. Tavis talked about The Date of Creation, the Date of Transition, and the dash in the middle. He talked about how in a lot of cases that dash in between stood for decades and decades of a life lived. And then Tavis said something I carry with me as I live my life he said, “You can live for a cause or you can live just because.” I resolve to live my life and to lead a life which is full of purpose and full of meaning. It never ceases to amaze me when I meet perfect strangers and they say to me things like, “Don’t let anyone steal your dreams” or they encourage me to “Fulfill my purpose and my destiny.” When I hear words like those from people who don’t know me, I know that people see how bright my future is, and it’s not blinding them yet. :-)

The more I think about it, the more I realize that death is a natural part of life. I’m hopeful that when my life is over I will have achieved my dreams, I will have inspired dreams, and that I will have secured a legacy which helped better the lives of others. We may all be born to die, but we were also all born alive so we might as well live, learn, and love. That’s that good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home