Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

B-More Careful Part 1 of 4

Geez, you go "away" for a couple of days, decide to get some much needed rest, take a few naps, decide not to answer the phone, and you'd think it was the end of the world. "Christopher Ezekiel.....good to know you're still amongst the land of the living." Guess this tells me so people need to know my every move. Okay that is taken under advisement.

So over the Christmas holiday I was able to read three books all of which I intend to blog about in one form or another in the coming days. So I read "B-more Careful" by Shannon Holmes, "True to the Game" by Teri Woods, and "The Coldest Winter Ever" by Sista Souljah. Maybe reading books which are so closely related is why the first two are blurring together though one took place in Baltimore, and the other in Philadelphia. "The Coldest Winter" is centered in and around New York, and is to me the most distinct of the three stories.

But this blog is about the "words of wisdom" taken from "B-more Careful".

"Looks are God given, so be thankful! Praise is man given so be humble. And conceit is self given, be careful."

and

"Nothing in life was ever given...but life itself."

These two pearls coupled together have been things I've meditated upon over the course of the last week.

It's so important to prioritize and remember what's important in life. Over the holiday season it's so easy to obsess over things and material possessions and not take stock of the other things which are important in life. It's so important to know who we are, who we aren't, to be humble, and to be thankful for the life we are so fortunate enough to have. It's been said before that we only get one chance at life here on this Earth, and that if we do it right one shot is all we need.

Putting things into perspective has encouraged me to be a little more careful about how I live my life.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

I think its amazing that you were able to glean any ounce of inspiration from that horrible arse book!!! ahhh!! i can't stand "b-more careful!" that is one of the worst books to make it to print. i haven't read the other one.

"the coldest winter ever" stood out b/c that is a fabulous, well-written book. it moves and you want to choke the crap out of winter while still feeling a million other ways about her. that is a great book.

 
At 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was waiting for your comments Jameil. I knew you'd weigh in sooner or later, and that your analysis would be on point. HaHa. Yes, I agree "The Coldest Winter Ever" was fiya. Apparently Jada Pinkett Smith has the movie rights, maybe it'll one day be tastefully done on the big screen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home