Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

Current mood: hopeful

Over the past several days since arriving home from school, I've had the chance to do a lot of TV watching. HaHa. I saw Maya Angelou's Christmas celebration, where she had family and friends celebrate the holiday with her. And I saw Bobby and Whitney show how they celebrate the holiday. I was struck by something Maya Angelou said, she said that we should celebrate Christmas everyday. If you really think about it Christmas is a time to meditate on the birth of Christ, remember the importance of generosity not just in regards to material possessions, but also in regards to our spirit. I am a true believer that we only receive what is deserved, if we are generous to others, that is why I give so much of myself. I hope that everyone has the chance to enjoy the holiday with those who mean the world to you.

And I also wanted to wish everyone a great start to the New Year. I'm going away (haha it sounded so good, but I'll still be here in Baltimore), but I will be gone until after the New Year. I'm going to spend some time with my grandfather, and stay at his place for the first time since my grandmother died three years ago. The deaths of so many legends and pioneers this year made me realize that it is so important that we take into account the wisdom of our elders. My granddad is 77, and the best example of what a man is out there. So I'm going to take some notes.

Hmmm and so many people have announced their New Year's resolutions. I don't have any as of yet. I do plan to become a better person, but that isn't a resolution for a new year, but a resolution for every day we are able to wake up.

But in reflecting over the next several days about what things I should change in the New Year, I'll take into account the words of one of my friends E Hill who wrote on her blog:

"I’m giving the promise of my time. This year, my resolution isn’t even about me. It’s about my most prized possession though – my relationships with people."

And I'll also take into account the words of another blogger Will Bradley who has set out a game plane of things he will accomplish next year. His words as always are inspirations and food for thought.

"2006 Game Plan
Goals, Vision, Risk, and Success
If you don’t know where you are going, you will get there.

If you do know where you are going, you will get there."

Thanks to Erin and William for the food for thought.

Gosh, I'm being longwinded and wordy. I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday and a great start to the New Year.

I hope everyone doesn't look back on the year that was with regret, but look forward to the year that will be with hope, faith, and optimism.

Be strong, be safe, be healthy, and be blessed. We'll catch up once the New Year begins.

Regards,
Christopher bka CNEL

4 Comments:

At 5:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When have you ever not been long-winded?!?! Hahahaha. j/k. I hope you enjoy your holiday. Take this time to relax and to get your shit together.

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

this year i want you to take some time out to give to christopher. you can't give to everyone else without taking some time for yourself! merry christmas!

 
At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PlEaSe...he d0nt need n0 time 2 himself...he needz a sex t0y to keep himself entertained...lawd..cause these gurls be havin' SiDa

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

lolololol anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home