Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

B-More Careful 3 of 4

“No one can pick their family only their friends.”

&

“It was (is) a man’s nature to stray.”

&

“Sometimes habits don’t die.”

In times like these when it’s the holidays or whenever I have an extended break from school I tend to spend a lot of time with my family. Spending time with my family is one of those things which can be both a blessing and a curse. Our families are essential to our development as people. They instill in us morals and values, and give us a sense of self, a sense of who we are as people. My family is no different they have allowed me to discover who I am, and what things are important to me. And then there is the converse situation where they remind me that I am almost grown, and they have me plotting an escape LoL. I love them, most of them anyway, LoL, but sometimes I’m like ummm are we related? But then I think to myself as I was reminded recently, “No one can pick their family only their friends.” I have to remember that God gave me my family for a reason, he wanted me to be a certain person, and to fulfill a certain destiny.

Now the next statement I came across made me laugh, but maybe it should have made me cry. I don’t agree with the dire statement about the nature of a man. It’s not always a man’s nature to stray. I think that it’s part of human nature to be loyal, not always to the best of things and the best of people, but loyal anyhow. Now since this quote dealt with issues of fidelity, particularly in regards to romantic relationships. I thought I’d give my take, my dollars worth, because I’m too good to give two cents worth. And ya’ll know this LoL. I was watching something the other day, and some woman was going out of her way to keep her man. And so someone said to her, “If you have to work that hard to keep him it’s not worth it.” Really I think at the end of the day people have to be more trusting. If you find yourself in a relationship you have to do as much as you can to help a person reach their full potential, as little as possible to hurt that person, and be as loving, as loyal, and as trusting as you can possibly be.

The last words which talk about old habits, I don’t necessarily care for, but they do have a certain bit of truth within them. As we go through life we develop into people who are extremely comfortable with ourselves, our way of life, and how and why we do things. Sometimes these habits make us successful, and sometimes these habits make us unsuccessful. “Sometimes habits don’t die,” but if they are bad habits we should work our best to make them die, and make them die fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home