Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Being Black in America

I'm sitting here watching CNN's Black in America.

I remember being anxious to watch the documentary last summer and hearing various perspectives on just how good it was.

Some loved it and some hated it, but isn't that everything?

But I too think the docu offered a mix bag. There were some stories which resonated with me and some which I found questionable and wanted to do a little more digging on.

Having said that I think the one thing the documentary certainly does is it leads people of color to reflect on their experience as people of color.

It's always important to reflect, and to take stock.

No, not just as a person of color but certainly as a person with multiple facets of an identity.

Being Black in America for me has meant bucking so many trends, but being secure in the fact that my blackness makes me unique and uniquely suited to confront life's challenges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home