Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Checking In

Up early I don't quite know why. I don't have to go to work today. I do however work tomorrow and then I'm off for eight days, four of which will be spent in San Diego on my first trip to Cali.

Last week was an interesting week at work. The job at the T.V. station apparently has some sort of plans for me after my apprenticeship ends in mid-February. I'll apparently be a freelancer writer which means filling in when others can't, and it also means no benefits.

Anyway despite the fact that there are no full-time positions to offer me they do apparently trust me. I've been helping out with our inaugural coverage planning. I also took a company car to D.C. yesterday to pick up our credentials. Mind you a) I don't do the Beltway in my own town b) I've never driven to D.C. c) I don't drive around in D.C. and d) they had to give me one of the bigger SUVs to drive lawd. Good news I made it there in back.

Now today I'm debating going downtown to see the President-elect speak. It's literally going to be freezing today and I don't do the cold.

I've also seen him speak in person three times (one of which the First Lady in waiting was with him). I don't know by 12:30 I may change my mind and head down into the area. At this point I'm just opposed to taking public transit down there. So we'll see.

Then tonight I have to pack for a trip to D.C. to atleast get a peek at the inauguration. My congressman and Senator didn't give me a ticket. It'll just be good to be in D.C. and to mark the moment in history with friends.

Then I work tomorrow and then it's off to the D.C. burbs and a little bit later into the city.

I'm not sure if I'm taking the comp. If I do I'll update, if not an update will come on Wednesday or Thursday.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was off of school, I would go to DC for Inauguration Day. Oh well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home