Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Implications

As I sat watching coverage of the inauguration of President Barack Obama I switched between NBC and CNN and BET (shots out to those involved with their coverage including the lovely and talented journalist Rene Syler) and TV One (shots out to those involved with their coverage including the equally lovely and talented journalist April Ryan), it was through watching history unfold early this afternoon that it hit me the full magnitude and weight of this moment.

To on this day be living history, and be bearing witness to such a momentous ocassion whether near or far had to feel remarkable and quite different.

I've always been enthralled with the political process, and always loved watching the pageantry, the pomp and circumstance involving things in Washington such as an inauguration.

Do you know C-SPAN is one of my favorite stations?

Today, January 20, 2009, I however sense that in finally seeing this day arrive we moved beyond symbolism. We moved beyond simply acknowledging that a person of color could achieve the highest office in the land. We moved beyond telling people that hard work, dedication, strength of character, and pays off.

But still the hard work begins tomorrow, after the celebrations and after the celebrations and reflections and energy subsides. The implications of two wars, an economic crisis, and other challenges we'd have to confront will undoubtedly demand not just an active President and administration, but also active and engaged citizenry during whatever they can to help.

So it'll be interesting to watch in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home