Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Monday

Happy Monday all. I can say that now that Monday's nearly over. :-)

Today was an okay day. It wasn't a great day, but it wasn't a particularly bad day either.

I got up reluctantly around 7:45 this morning to shower and get dressed for work. Thankfully last week I started eating breakfast at work, which means I can drive straight there, that's unless I have to pick up lunch. Before then I would eat breakfast sporadically. Now every morning I have oatmeal and coffee or oatmeal and tea. I will likely start spicing it up soon. I've decided to get easy recipes that I can make so that I have no excuse to miss meals. (Suggestions are welcome especially for lunch and dinner. Do me a favor though, keep them simple.)

One of my New Me resolutions yes, I've decided not to connect my resolutions solely to New Years is to get myself in better shape. That includes finding ways to exercise, even if I can't make it to a gym. I also plan to learn to cook, some things. This is something my mother will love, as I use every excuse under the sun not to even try.

My day today involved work from 9am to 5pm. For the last couple of weeks I've been on the assignment desk. Assignment editors and managers help the producers and news managers decide what we'll cover for the day, we also assign crews, schedule interviews and shoots, keep abreast of updates and developments and stories, and make sure everything is cared for logistically. When I first got to my station I couldn't stand the assignment desk. I hated working with ungrateful producers and rude reporters. I've learned to handle it and it's growing on me, a bit. I've even been allowed to fill in shifts as an assignment editor on a couple of weekends.

Also at work I've written for every show except the morning and noon shows. I've written for our 4p.m., 5p.m., 6p.m., and 11p.m. newscasts. Also last week I produced a slideshow which was distributed to all the other network owned affiliate stations, that was hot.

After work I came home ate dinner, was on my 2nd conference call today, watched the Georgetown vs. UConn men's basketball game, and was texting one of my friends.

Before I head to bed at around 11 tonight I plan to do a little reading.

Hopefully the rest of the week is great. I'm off on Thursday and get my normal weekend this Saturday and Sunday off.

Hope your week is off to a great start.

P.S. Tech update: I got a new battery and charger for my comp. Now I have to suck it up and get my phone repaired (probably not likely) or get a new phone (costly and likely). Also my digital camera which I haven't used since late July still works. I found random pics of Times Square from my random day and a half in NYC.

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You going to have to step your breakfast game up ... but at least your eating something

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home