Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Not A Fan of Thanksgiving

I don't know for some reason I'm just not a fan of Thanksgiving.
 
That may be why I didn't object when they told me I had to work today.
 
So I'm writing from the station where I'm helping out on the assignment desk answering phones and such and then writing for the 5pm and 6pm shows.
 
So back to the reason for this post.
 
Some people find it hard to beleive that I don't jump for joy when Thanksgiving and Christmas come around.
 
I can't remember ever being a holiday person.
 
O.K. maybe when my grandmother was still alive because I enjoyed her cooking and just being in the kitchen when they cooked.
 
But I'll put aside my slight disdain for the holiday in order to say I am thankful for life, for family (even though by tomorrow I'll be ready to escape them), for friends (especially the ones who remember to check in on you when normally you do all the checking), and for the promise of tomorrow.
 
Happy Thanksgiving.
 
 

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I love holidays.

 
At 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this holiday. Its simple. You just spend time with the people you love. That is all there is to it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home