Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Back in Baltimore

So I'm back in Baltimore after a week in New Orleans.

Can I just say that I love New Orleans, it's such an amazing place!

The history.

The people.

The sense of community.

The resiliency.

New Orleans was a great conference city and an appropriate location for our diversity conference.

In my mind's eye New Orleans represented a place where one is able to see America's interesting history and its blended cultures up close and personal, a place with southern charm and slightly northern sensibilities (it reminds me in ways of Baltimore) , yet it's a place where America's problems have existed and therefore a place where we can see that must still have its moment of reckoning with New Orleans.

5 Comments:

At 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could visit the NOLA, especially in the summer. I heard it is beautiful.

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

yeah, a part of me is saying I need to go down and do at least a weekend helping a family get back on their feet. I'm glad you had fun

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Kim said...

As the author of Leveraging Diversity at Work, I'm wondering how often you have diversity conferences and whether or not you are seeking speakers or workshop facilitators for your next event? Please check us out at http://www.coachingforexcellence.biz/diversity.shtml to see what we offer.

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I've never been to New Orleans...it is one of the places that I want to check very soon.

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

i sure wish you would post again... and next time take me to the NO with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home