Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

One Is The Magic #

Listening: One Is The Magic # by Jill Scott

Hoping: There aren't long lines at the polls (just before 8am, so I can get to work on time).

Praying: Nothing goes wrong today especially on the live shot which I'm field producing. Cause ya know they'd make me a scapegoat.

Hello all.

It's Tuesday November 4, 2008. No matter how you slice it, we're on the verge of making history. For the first time in our nation's history either an African-American or a woman will serve in one of the nation's two highest elected positions that of President or Vice President.

Politics aside as a journalist this is one of those days where I am reminded that journalists provide the blueprint for what becomes history by reporting things as they happen. Today I'll be doing my part when I go to work.

I've been up since just after 4 a.m. I know crazy right? Well consider the fact that I fell asleep around 9 p.m. last night. It happens on a regular basis. My mother always says you're about to fall asleep and then I do.

Today is going to be a very long day though. I'm working a double at the T.V. station. I'll be working the assignment desk dayside helping my boss the managing editor manage the stories which we're covering from 9a.m. til about 3 p.m. At night from probably 4p.m. til we're off the air around 11:30 p.m. I'll be on location field producing for one of our reporters who is covering the outcome of the ballot initiative which could bring slots here to MD. It's a big story for the station because slots is one of those compelling issues which has been debated for over a decade. Now we'll see if they finally come to Baltimore.

Well I'm excited I've been voting since I was 17 (Baltimore held one of its elections in an off year so 17 year olds who would have been 18 by the time the election should have been held were allowed to vote). The summer before the election I also spent time registering people to vote. I believe voting is important because it's a right that many in this country for not so solid reasons were prevented from having.

Remember when you're in that voting booth that one is the magic #.

If you haven't already, GO VOTE!

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

PLEASE tell me you can put up some of your election day work!?!?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home