Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where Things Are With Me

Listening: "I'm His Only Woman" by Jennifer Hudson ft. Fantasia



Feeling: Like Being Really Lazy



It's a Saturday like most Saturday's and I'm just chilling.


I was supposed to go to this voter registration drive earlier but I didn't know if I felt it really appropriate as a journalist to be out and about registering people to vote. Obviously I didn't go. So now I'm at home watching the "Living Single" marathon on TV One. I remember way back when Thursday nights consisted of "Martin", "Living Single", "New York Undercover", and sometimes "ER".


I'm contemplating showering and going to this spoken word night called "The Art of Conversation." I guess I'll decide in the next forty-five minutes to an hour.


Another week of the apprenticeship is done. It was funny because on Friday the assistant news director called me into her office for a pow wow. She asked me how things were going and I told her fine. She asked me how I was interacting with the various supervisors, and I said fine. She then told me how nice it was to have someone who was happy, cheerful, and optimistic around. HaHa. Yeah tell that to my co-workers and they'll ask what I have to be happy, cheerful, or optimistic about. I kid you not one of the co-workers asked me once jokingly, I might add, "What the shit you smiling at?" Yeah they're nuts.


Other than work I've been thinking about grad school. I was all set to go this fall, but they couldn't come up with enough money to make it easier on a brother. I decided that an institution that couldn't invest in me, was not one which really needed me. And those buzzards couldn't even process a deferral right. I decided to defer enrollment in August, and was still getting bills til they squared it away on Thursday. Even given that madness,I'm contemplating taking the GRE's and applying to grad schools again. So we shall see.


Before the weekend is up I do want to go see "The Express", I also need to vaccum the car, pay my car insurance and speaking of car check and make sure the information printed on my title is correct, because the guy I brought my car from says it may be incorrect. I don't want to drive all the way out to him, if he's mistaken, so I'll get on that. You'd think the DMV would have been on that, but obviously someone is slacking.


I only work two days next week, then on Wednesday I do a workshop at my old high school which I should also work on this weekend. Then next Thursday I'm going to New Orleans for two meetings that I'll try to devote myself to equally, I'm sure it'll be a time where I wish I had a twin, a boy twin and not a twin sister.


So that's all for now.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see your happy with work ... and when did you start driving buster?!?

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Boy you never stop moving, so please never feel lazy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home