Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Been A While

Hi all, it's been a long time since I was able to sit down and write here.
 
So much has happened.
 
A week ago Tuesday I was in a car accident. I wasn't hurt nor was the other person. My car was beat up pretty badly and my repairs have all but cleaned out my bank account. It's pretty sad but atleast I have my life. I still have to see how my insurance company is going to proceed given there was no police report, there were no tickets issued, and all police made us do was exchange information.
 
Last Wednesday I traveled to my high school alma mater and gave a presentation on diversity. During my forty-five minute block I talked about the qualities of good leadership, strategic skills based governing, and facilitation. While my presentation could have used some more planning and forethought, it wasn't a piss poor performance.
 
The last time I wrote I was also preparing to head to New Orleans for a series of meetings. Those meetings are over and I'm back here in Baltimore for an extended period where there will be no trips anywhere (isn't it sad?).
 
New Orleans was great. I was exhausted running between two meetings but elated I got a chance to see the city. I was able to visit Xavier University, a historic historically black university, I saw the ninth ward which was badly devastated by Hurricane Katrina, I also saw the French Quarter, and the world famous Bourbon Street (which really is where all the debauchery takes place.) I brought back pralines from Aunt Sally's for the folks at work, and beignet mix so my mom can make some for me, along with coffee from Cafe du Monde. Luckily when I go back in December I'll be working but also able to focus on a singular experience, enjoying my experience so much the experience of others is enhanced.
 
Also at work I've been working on our election coverage, writing for the shows, and today I began shadowing our 4pm producer. Next week will be great because I'll probably be allowed to go into the control room while the news is live. That'll be exciting.
 
Also a few local HBCU's are working on a magazine by each of the comm departments not only did they interview me, but I was photographed and apparently a pic of me may end up on the cover. Interesante?!
 
As the rest of my life, I'm just surviving. Take care and we'll talk soon.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM , Blogger shani-o said...

YOU take care! I'm glad you're okay, but it sucks that your car isn't.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Chris, you're a superstar!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home