Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm back in Baltimore until 5 a.m. tomorrow. Then I head to NYC for a two day meeting.
I just got back from Chicago about four hours ago. I attended the Unity Journalists of Color Convention over 4,000 journalists of color showed up to partake in workshops, seminars, parties, and a visit earlier today by presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama.

So here's a quick breakdown of the highlight of my seven days in the Chi.

Sunday: Attended a reception with the student journalists who were covering the convention. Check out their work at www.unitynews.org

Monday: Saw the student newsroom, met up with my friends for lunch, hung out.

Tuesday: Attended an all day meeting, attended some receptions, had pizza at Giordano's

Wednesday: Saw so many student's, hit up the career fair, met up with an old friend from high school and attended bar night in the hotel bar and saw everybody from famous anchors like CNN's T.J. Holmes, to famous magazine writers like Ellis Cose.

Thursday: I attended a press conference for student journalists with the President of Senegal and got to ask him a question. Went to a gazillion events including the party of all parties. But guess what I did. I fell asleep on the club couch in baby V.I.P. cause yeah we couldn't get put in real V.I.P. cause all the sports people (ESPN mostly) people like Stephen A. were up there.

Friday: I hosted a workshop, attended a dinner for the President of Senegal, went to another party, notice a theme here. Then went to bed.

Saturday: I hosted another workshop, went to another party, and kind of sort of went to bed at 3:30, even though I had to wake up at 6:45 for a meeting at 7:30.

Sunday: Woke up, packed, checked out of the hotel, went to the meeting, went to see Senator Obama speak, went back to the hotel to say goodbye to my friends, ate lunch, went to the hotel.
I'm exhausted and its making my body ache. So I'm about to go to bed before my 3:00am wake up call.

As always it was good to see my friends but an average of 3 hours of sleep per night is a tad too much.

I'll holla later.

TTYL,
C. Nel

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

seems like fun! did u give T.J my phone number?

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I feel you on the exhaustion. But wasn't it great!!!

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

glad you had a good time! Ellis Cose? love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home