Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2-0

So I survived day two at the office.

Yesterday was my first day as an employee of one of the local T.V. stations. It was a pretty easy day. They put me right to work helping to update the website. It's great because I wanted to learn web when I began my failed internship this past January. So I mastered most of the technology in one day and we know I'm a bit of a technophobe. I just have to work on improving my writing, but there's always a need to get better. The big boss of the department is super helpful. There others are alright. Also I talked to the Assistant News Director about my getting into grad school and she wants to see if we can work it out so I can work and go to school. The highlight of day one though was getting a note from "Sunshine" who I secretly (well not so secretly now) refer to as Latest Wife. She apologized for us not connecting on my birthday, and remembered it was my first day at work, so she wished me well. Knowing that she was thinking of me made my day.

Today was great because I showed up early and left on time.

I have three more days and then it's off to Chicago for seven days to attend the Unity: Journalists of Color Convention. After that it's back home for a few hours to sleep and then it's off to NYC for a two day meeting, and then back to Bmore and back at the station.

Life is getting busier and busier.

4 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

im so proud of you buddy!

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger La said...

sounds like you're off to a good start :-)

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Busy Life is a helluva drug.

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I feel you C. Also, think about it, now you're doing what you love.

See you in chicago. I'll be at a bar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home