Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

WTF Jesse?

I'm trying to think have I ever said I wanted to cut another man's balls off? I went to an all boy's school and lived in an all boy's dorm for a combined seven years, so there was ample opportunity for such an utterance. I can't recall an instance in which someone has said and I hope no one has ever said they wanted to cut my balls off.



Anyway, I find Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr.'s comment disturbing. Did he feel Obama was so out of line he felt the need to castigate him? Aha or maybe he saw Obama's comments as "hitting below the belt", so therefore he felt the need to get him back.



To me this gaffe signifies the need for a new generation of leaders to emerge and further the civil rights agenda. Maybe it's time that we claim our inheritance. I contend that there is a great need for civil rights activists, and a great need for social activism from the local level to the national level. The only thing is these leaders should emerge from a new generation. I think a great deal of untapped potentail exists within what may be our "greatest generation." Only in this case those leaders in my view need to have been born between the year's 1960 and 1987. There enlies what I think can be a great generation of leaders who build on the legacy of the great Civil Rights movement while furthering an agenda which addresses the realities of our life.



When I think to who those leaders will be? I wonder if they'll be among them. What are our prospects? There are just a few folks on my radar screen.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Blogger La said...

Oh Messy Jesse. He just can't get right. I feel like this is one of those situations that should be much like how you would treat a romantic relationship; you deal with all your issues one on one at HOME and in PRIVATE. Don't air your grievances in public for people to comment on and critique and to drive a wedge. SO messy.

 
At 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Fox set Jesse up. Plain and simple. But that does not excuse Jesse

Jesse I believe has a personal problem with Barack. There is some jealousy issues going on over there. Jesse needs to act his age, not his shoe size.

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Chris said...

There will be much much speculation about Rev's articulation about a potential Obama administration...it just reeks of jealousy that Barack did in 2008 what Mr. Hymie Town couldn't do in 1984 or 1988. Rev. Jesse, Andrew Young, and all these other ambulance chasers who want Obama to kiss their royal "we shall overcome" asses need to sit down somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home