Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Contemplations

I would first like to thank all my lovely readers for the shot outs and congrats, you all are the best.


This morning I said to myself "Self you know what? Just a few weeks later than all your friends life after graduation is FINALLY about to begin for you." And I'm assuming that after today it goes a little something like this and that I have some of the following revelations:


a) Realize that I need to get on a bedtime and stop staying up making sure I see reruns of "A Different World" or "Living Single" or "Half & Half" on whatever's on TV One, or ABC News Now (which comes on somewhere between 3:30 and 4:30am and is news for insomniacs).


b) Realize that I should not be waking up to "Cash Cab" or whatever else is on TLC


c) Which means I should probably develop a normal sleeping pattern (which includes atleast 7 hours)


d) And a normal eating pattern (which includes 3 meals)

My thinking is also that I need to add regular exercise to the mix. For a few weeks I was walking atleast 30 minutes a few times a week. I need to get back to getting my workout on and add some weights to that.


Today was pretty exciting in terms of some of the following: I borrowed my aunts car cause she's out of town and everyone should know I drive sparingly so I had to test the theory that driving is like riding a bike you never forget. Did I ever tell ya'll I can't ride a bike? That's one reasons I can't have kids there are so many random daddy things that I lack. But I digress. So, I to drive to the station to fill out paperwork such as tax forms, the per diem worker agreement (which basically says my job is not secure but I can't let that rain on my parade). I also posed for my ID picture and I looked fly, had me saying damn I'm one sexy mofo. HaHa. No for real the pic was way better than even the driver's license picture. I also talked to my boss whose a black woman by the way (bonus pts she's my first boss in T.V. whose of color) and she told me it took them nearly a month to decide to offer me the gig because everyone went on vacation (the News Director, the Assistant News Director, my boss whose the Assignment Manager). She said they were a little concerned because when they made the offer yesterday I didn't sound excited in fact at first when she said it I paused (that was me thinking a) do I make them wait or b) do I say 'no' because I feel like I'm their fallback guy). It turns out I was their first choice. Also my direct super who I thought hated me seemed real hype as she walked me through the station today. Then I got introduced to some of the co-workers including a few reporters and anchors. Then I drove home and since I'm not used to driving myself home or anywhere else for that matter it felt so weird. Now that I think about it I was on that happy high you know when you feel all euphoric cause you're just so pleased with yourself. I hope I didn't run any red light cameras. The cops didn't stop me.


So next up for me is start the car hunt. Since my job could end up sending me somewhere else I don't think it smart to sign a lease so I'm going to get a car first which I'll likely need in case they make me work overnights and public transportation becomes unreliable and then the apartment will come later once I know more.


I talked to all three besties either by phone, text, or in person. I think they're so glad that I can finally stop freaking out about not having a job. One bestie though think it's time for me to make dating a priority because I have a J.O.B. I start July 14th then a week later head to Chicago for 7 days and then I think NYC for 2 for business. I have no time to breathe nevermind start a relationship. I'm like whatevs.


But that's all for now.


G'nite

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Im so super excited for you that I feel like I got the job! Aww you growing up!

 
At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will always be too busy for a relationship...

Get us some quality shows!!! Hahahaha!!

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

yay job yay job *cabbage patch!* that's how folk end up 40 and alone... i kid! (ish) relationships will just req. work which they always do anyway. yay for happy highs!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home