Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In My Neck of the Woods

So life after graduation continues minus any real adventures.

I've mainly been chilling at home, interviewing for jobs, hanging out with friends when the venue or event suits me, and trying to write. I'm determined to write something of consequence and or significance this summer.

So today I had what has to have been the weirdest job interview yet. The man interviewing me was just weird, which made me think I was being weird, which made the whole misadventure weird. Also I walked into the business looking a little less than suave. I'm going to blame it on the heat, it was around 100 today and I was trying to get out of it. Thank God for the woman who told me to go into the restroom straighten up and breathe in and out. She then made me go sit and do some more breathing.

So I started reading Sidney Poitier's latest book "Life Beyond Measure: Letters to My Great-Granddaughter". It's not going to be finished as quickly as the other two. Sir Sidney is just such an intellectual. I'm going to finish it though because yesterday one of my friends gave me this food for thought:
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." - Mark Twain

I'm hoping this week won't be at all boring. Ya'll know I'm a little hyper. Sunday I went to a devotional tea hosted by a friend whose Bahai, had some banging iced tea, Monday I went to Love in D.C. with some friends for a BET Jazz taping. The taping was hot though BET was on CP time. I got to see the legendary Godfather of "GoGo" Chuck Brown, and Raheem DeVaughn performed. He even performed one of my fave songs "Customer". So hopefully something exciting finds me midweek and at the end of the week.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

i see you rackin up on some fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home