Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

When I Don't Pick Up

You know one of my biggest pet peeves is when people call but they don't leave a message. Admittedly it's a tad hypocritical because rarely do I leave messages. About the only time I leave a message is if it's urgent, or I need someone to follow up on something.

But really if you call my cell, and you think perhaps I don't have your name and number in my phone, what makes you think I'm dialing you back? I mean really.

On the other hand those unexpected messages have the ability to when I finally get around to listening to them, yeah I'm pretty bad at that, make me smile. Like yesterday Gary my best friend since middle school called because he had seen that Tim Russert had died. He said he knew it might affect me and those in the journalism profession. I thought that was nice. And this morning when I woke up I had a message from some of my old residents saying, "CNel this is the fifth floor calling." Now because they left a message that made me laugh out loud, and smile, and they even got a text back. Hopefully it wasn't a drunk dial and they actually were thinking of me.

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

"Admittedly it's a tad hypocritical because rarely do I leave messages." i can't stand people like you! don't leave msgs but want other people to!

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Black folks do not leave messages!! I have had friends for 10 years who refuse to leave messages. Damn Negritos!!!

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger shani-o said...

I refuse to leave messages, lol. Unless I'm calling someone who I KNOW doesn't have my number. I don't return calls for unknown numbers unless they leave a message.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home