Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Searching for Inspiration

I sit here just after 1:30 in the morning trying to find inspiration. Trying to find inspiration so I won't dwell on the fact that life after graduation isn't coming together, or dwell on the fact that my best friends will either be moving or working this summer, my other friends went off to Boston to work, or they are busy cupcaking and boo loving. Maybe this is telling me that I need people more than I thought before, or atleast I think I do. And no one should say spend more time with yourself. Trust me I do that from time to time, and any more time spent just with myself might could cause me to be destructive.

On a brighter note I finished a pretty good book today "Some Things I Never Thought I'd Do" by Pearl Cleage. It was great. I finished in life two and a half days.
She left me with some gems, a bit of perspective.


"You can't work for black folks because you think they're going to be different. You have to do it because you're going to be different."

It was especially poignant given one of the besties called me to complain about being the co-president of a group of fellow aspiring doctors of color, and a colleague called to complain about leading a group of fellow media professionals of color.

That quote might just become my e-mail signature.

She also left me with

"The worst thing a true believer can do is to stick around once the bloom is off the rose..."

That spoke to me and told me to really evaluate my motivations, my intent, and to recognize the difference.

Two things I've decided based on my quest for inspiration.

A) I'm going to write every day and not erase what I've written, I won't prejudge it, or on impulse deem it not good enough.

B) I may need to start getting up and leaving the house as if I have somewhere to go everyday, and maybe it'll come to be.

Peace for now.

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

awww cnel you'll be fine ... keep your head up homie!

 
At 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suggestion B is a good one. It forces you to find something to do. Once I get back we will have something to do. The summer is pretty lax for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home