Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Please Don't Leave

So I was up this morning exchanging texts with my adopted lil sister (mind you I didn't get up to do my 3 day a week morning power walk, which my friends say make me old manish) but I did make time for one of my two best female friends who I affectionately call Lil Mama. Lil Mama and I have known each other since high school she's three year's my junior so I'm her adopted big brother. About once a week we check in via phone or text message.

I was all looking forward to spending some time with Lil Mama cause I thought she'd be home in Bmore taking time off from track. Instead Lil Mama decides she's headed to Boston to visit my one time unrequited love H. arvard G.irl.

In my mind I'm going please don't go. I mean for real I'm in Bmore already hella bored but one of my best friends is leaving me. Then add to that one of my other good friends, and my mentee is also going up. Everyone's going be in Boston with H.G. but me LoL. They're all going to be teaching at a summer camp for disadvantaged youth, so I guess I can't be mad.

Maybe this will motivate me to a) find a job, b) volunteer c) widen my circle of friends (though as some may know I'm very particular).

I guess I'll have to pray they get Internet in their apartments up there, that they'll have time and remember to call, or I guess maybe there's always texts.

Or this could be a sign that I too need to leave.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

of course you need to leave! you've been in bmore your entire life save a few summers. time to fly the coop. take motivation however it comes.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Ditto @Jam. And don't widen your circle of friends. That should always be tight-knit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home