Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Help

So I'm developing a new writing/multimedia project. In theory the end product will be infotainment, a new age way of giving advice. Whatever the medium it'll be an interactive and ongoing guide for young professionals entitled "Things They Didn't Teach". So please share with me things they didn't teach you in college or in the initial years of life after graduation. It can be about anything from love to money to careers to friendships to the importance of education. I'm really trying to come up with a guide for myself as I continue to develop the project.

Ex. One of the best friends is always talking to me about money matters. Though he took a personal finance class in college, he doesn't think they teach enough about personal finance to college students. He thinks this is especially clear given we know of people who used school loans for purposes other than getting through college in four years. He wants to see more info about finances out there for people our age.

So please give me feedback.

Thanks in advance.

-C. Nel

4 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Congrats grad!!!

Ok...In all the Smart Kids classes I was in nobody ever taught us that entrepreneurship was a viable career option and nobody def not how to make it happen.

 
At 9:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They never taught about buying a home, health insurance, resume writing, cooking. There are so many life skills that I never learned in school.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

okay i dont know if this counts but...

I dont feel they taught me for a woman in the film industry I would have to push harder against men.

Didnt tell me how to find internships.

Didnt teach me credit and finance.

and Politics!

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

So many schools discount life skills as being for those with less intellegence, however, they fail to see that the majority of the people on their campuses are only their to learn the skills to get paid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home